Thursday, July 9, 2009

One Fifty Two Missouri Abstract Artist Elizabeth Chapman

One Fifty Two
Modern Abstract Acrylic
8" x 8" on 300 lb. paper

Interesting title, uh? Coming up with titles can often time bring meaning to a piece, but many times it seems as if the actual creating of the work was much easier. For the most part it is usually my husband who is the title giver. I titled this one. I looked up at the clock when I got finished painting and it was 1:52, and I thought so there it is, the title. I'm thinking a whole series of paintings and titles could be done this way. What do you think?

Daily Painters Abstract Elizabeth Chapman

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth: I find that naming a work of art can be fun and interesting...I have been reading articles on how to title your pieces. I decided that if I don't have a title for a piece, I will use a seven letter word. I came up with seven because my name (Kay Wyne) has seven letters, and I am always liking odd versus even numbers. I looked up and printed (Used too much paper and ink in the process) all of the seven letter words in the dictionary. I like your spin on using the time. My only question: A.M. or P.M.???? No matter what the title, I love the abstract art that you created. I hope you have a good art day!!!

    ReplyDelete