Thursday, March 20, 2014

Figurative Abstract Painting, "Blessings" by Contemporary Abstract Artist Elizabeth Chapman


Blessings
Acrylic on 10" x 10" x 3/4" canvas
Commissioned


Well, it all started with a 30 paintings in 30 days challenge when I began painting figurative abstracts from photos of my own kids. Something that I had been wanting to do for a while, just needed a challenge to spur me on. Since then I've been inquired regarding creating these customized paintings from a buyers photos.  This one is worked from the photo you see below.  Fanny, her husband and twin sons on their first birthday visiting family in Argentina. These have turned out to be very special.







As I paint these, it is more about capturing the feeling in a gesturally manner of the moment rather than a realistic representative of the figures. If you think you might be interested in your own and would like more information email me: elizabethchapman@ artlover.com


To see more figurative abstracts along with all my abstract paintings, go HERE

Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist