Friday, August 30, 2013

Beginnings of a new Horse Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


  
  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013

Beginnings... 
16 x 20 inches Oil on Canvas. 

So I took the canvas and I created the background using Golden Acrylics.  I just chose colors I felt spiritually as I painted and then tossed in the blues for contrast to the deep oranges.  I debated on vertical or horizontal... and usually I would do this vertical but I felt the movement more in the horizontal. 

Took up charcoal and sketched in the horse.  If I was knifing I would begin moving paint on now with the knife, but I took up the brush... still on a break from knife for some pieces....see more tomorrow.


Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist


Pace Studio 
Graphics One Design



GALLERY LINKS