Thursday, May 16, 2013

"Glorietta Vista version two" landscape painting by Lynne Cunningham



"Glorietta Vista", oil on canvas
11" x 14"

completed May, 2013
private collection

I've been painting abstracts and in a more contemporary style for six months, focusing on that style.  Painting from life and drawing are important too but I've changed things up to get refreshed.  Recently  I took out a painting I'd had for a couple years which had been painted en plein air, in the desert.

I reworked it and the final result is the one you see above, which is now in the collection of the artist!  It fits the more contemporary approach I have now, and I'm much happier with the painting.

Enjoy !

To read more about revising paintings and the day plein air painting in the desert, read  h e r e
You may purchase some select prints of my work here on  Saatchi Online