Tuesday, April 9, 2013

mixed media abstract painting "City Vernacular (version two)" by Lynne Cunningham



"City Vernacular (version two)"
mixed media ; acrylic, oil on canvas  20" x 20" square

$650.  available

contact me      h e r e

contact me for questions, comments or purchase
shipping is $35. additional, U.S.A. and Canada

This painting began in acrylic on canvas, and the major portion of it was painted in oils. I was a little distracted while painting this over the weekend and all I remember is beginning on the underpainting of acrylic , painting in oils to finish with both palette knife and brushwork.  The big decision at the end is:  "is it finished", meanwhile keeping the painting from becoming too overworked.  I think I got it!

This is on deep canvas, 2", gallery wrap with the edges painted neutral gray; it's ready to hang.