Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Tired Woman by Tim Lincoln

  
 
 


 
18"x14"x1.34"
250.00+15.00 shipping 
 
 
This is a cubist painting I did from a photo I took from a client preparing Christmas dinner. She looked overwhelmed and I wanted to capture that look .Ironically, cubism hit its popular venue during the industrial age where machines were starting to replace outdated methods of production. This was at the turn of the 20th century and famous artist like Cezanne, Picasso .Leger, and Braque started the movement .I would be fascinated to see their reactions to what has transpired since then. I wonder how they would paint a Blackberry or even a cell phone or turn on a blender? Art changes with the environment and yet they are cohesive.
It’s on a gallery wrap canvas using two colors. Deep Yellow and red umber with grey and black.
You can purchase painting here or on my website
You can contact me here
timlincoln@aol.com            7135019082
You can join me on FB too