Monday, February 11, 2013

new abstract oil painting "City Vernacular", by Lynne Cunningham


"City Vernacular", oil on canvas
20" x 16"
completed Feb. 9, 2013
$275. - including shipping
(Calif. residents pay sales tax) 

This painting began as a charcoal sketch on canvas, then I came in with washy large areas of the black and   vermillion colors.  I love the color palette in this one, I could use it in a series and continue on using this palette for 20 more paintings!  Black, vermillion, ochre, cerulean and white.  I mix my own black - the tubed black oil paints are too cold and black in color. . . it does make a difference. I use archival paints and processes. On gallery wrap canvas, signed and ready to hang.  The title could also be "City-speak", reminds me of forms of the city.

I'm focusing on abstracts and abstracted landscapes for 2013; a new season of spring, the time of growth and I'm doing new work.  Please contact me if you have questions or want to purchase.

To see more about me as an artist please visit   my b l o g     
      
And if you'd like to see more abstracts, see the  abstract  gallery   h e r e   on my website


Calif. State residents- use 2nd option