Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New York Minute, 10106, textured acrylic abstract diptych, © Carol Nelson Fine Art






This painting is a diptych with each panel measuring 40x12. There is a bold, textured grid section on each panel. The dramatic colors and dynamic composition reminded me of the energy and excitement that is found in New York City.
Thoughts of 9-11 did not guide me in the creation of this piece, but after it was completed, I can see how such memories could be brought to mind.
I had difficulty photographing this piece with all it's metallic passages. There are gray-blue areas in the lower sections that appear black in the photo.
For purchase information, please see my website.

1 comment:

  1. I like! NYC is one of my favorite places in the UNIVERSE and you captured as aspect of it! Yaay, Carol!

    ReplyDelete