Saturday, August 29, 2009

El Día de los Muertos by Naquaiya

"El Día de los Muertos"
original oil on gallery wrapped canvas
12" x 16" x 1 1/2"
$200 + $10 s/h
From my pain and sorrow comes a joy of remembering. I lost many wonderful, beautiful horses over the years. Some were in their prime and some were aging. I call to them from joy and speak to the lovely memories they have given me. I entice them with a carrot and secret plans to bridle. The Cactus dance at the sight of them as they gallop over the landscape towards me. The mountains glow with excitement. Shall we trail off to the horizon with the moon at our backs? We will be together again; as it was in the best of times.

To read more about the Day of the Dead, this is a nice link that explains some of the customs and origins.

To purchase, visit my blog: http://justwatercolor.blogspot.com/#ixzz0PbTZt0Fx

No comments:

Post a Comment