Friday, August 28, 2009

Abstract Expressionism by Elizabeth Chapman

Sewing Frenzy

Abstract Expressionism
Acrylic on 24" x 12" 1.5" canvas

This painting has a lot of special memories attached to it for me. Upon the request of title suggestions on my blog, a blogger friend had left the comment that she saw a sewing machine and materials on a table. I had not at all seen this until it was pointed out to me! My grandma "Lula" taught me how to read a pattern and sew at a very young age. I practically made all my clothes in middle school and high school. I loved going into material stores, mesmerized by all the colors and patterns. .... and so this painting was titled "Sewing Frenzy".

Daily Missouri Abstract Painter
Elizabeth Chapman

To see more of my work please visit my Web Gallery.

2 comments: