Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dash of Red by Kay Wyne


Today's posting is on a 24" x 24" gallery wrap canvas. Dash of Red was a commission piece that I did several months ago for my good friend, Sue. There are layers and layers of paint on the canvas, using a palette knife most of the time. It was quite a challenge for me since abstracts were pretty much out of my comfort zone. I was asked to create something abstract, and given certain colors to work off of. It would be placed on a plain and boring wall, so I knew that the art had to have some pizazz and energy. It took me three days to paint, which is longer than usual for me to crank out a painting. When I borrowed the painting back from the owners to photograph it, my friend said that she and her husband truly missed it on the wall. I am glad it has found the perfect home. Sue has encouraged me to branch out and paint abstracts, and for that I thank her!!!
Please feel free to view my works of art on my blog and website. If you live in the Dallas area, I would love for you to visit me at Studio Art and Soul in The Cedars. We all have a grand time painting and creating as we try figure out how to make it in the art world.

No comments:

Post a Comment