Monday, July 22, 2019

Contemporary Art, Abstract Art Painting,Expressionism “After the Rain” by Abstract Artist Lela Kay



After a medical condition requiring surgery in 2017, and a lengthy recovery time, I spent a great deal of time this summer resting on my patio and reclaiming the beauty of nature and the surroundings in my backyard. I have painted abstract painting for many years, in darker colors and mostly geometric in shape and form. My new and latest body of work draws inspiration from nature and the organic elements all around me. The petals, leaves, cloud formations, waves, seashores, growth of moss on sides of trees and rocks. All of these elements resonate inside of me and are finding expression in the abstract paintings I am now creating. The subject matter is endless, the colors are glorious, and getting back to nature in my life and in my art excites me as well as inspires me. More painting to share as they are completed.

 24"x36"x1.5" Oil on Canvas/Available

 Click HERE for purchase info.

 Visit http://lelakay.com to view more of my work.

 Follow me on Instagram