Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Birds, Contemporary Colorful Landscape Painting, Mixed Media, Trees, Fine Art For Sale, “After the Storm” By Passionate Purposeful Painter Holly Hunter Berry



I love exaggerating the colors of the objects I paint but in this painting I tried to calm them down. I wanted to express the feeling of rest after going through a “storm”. The inspiration for this was an area in Houston that had been under water. As the water was receding and the clouds clearing the birds found food and in the stillness a beautiful glow of warm light blanketed the area. The light transformed the darkness and revealed the softened harmony of the landscape that was still standing after the crisis. The area was changed but I loved looking at the surviving trees and reflecting on how we weather storms and gather strength as the Light covers us and leads us through. Take a moment to look around and be inspired!

24"x18"x1.5" Mixed Media on Canvas/Available

$1200

Click HERE to purchase.

Learn about my weekly art classes HERE

View my upcoming Workshops HERE

Sign up for my Newsletter  HERE

YOU'RE INVITED... 
Creative Explosions - A Very Special Exhibit 2/9-3/8 Read More HERE

Visit https://HollyHunterBerry.com to view more of my work.

Follow Holly on Facebook
Follow holly on Pinterest
Follow Holly on Instagram