Monday, December 11, 2017

Faux batik painting, "Autumn Glow" by Colorado Mixed Media Abstract Artist Carol Nelson

"Autumn Glow," faux batik painting by Carol Nelson


This painting was a demo for a faux batik class I taught recently.
If you look carefully, you can see random lines in green, ochre, and turquoise that result from the batik process.


In this example, the painting is done on fabric, the processed with wax, paint, and polymer medium for a unique look. I love the unpredictability of this process.


 8"x8"  Acrylic on Fabric

 Click HERE for more info.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here

 ======================================

My new VIDEO is out…..

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

If you want to see what all the hoopla is about, click this link:

www.craftsy.com/ext/CarolNelson_10658_D