Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Contemporary Modern Abstract Art Paintings by Filomena de Andrade Booth

Canyon Sunset - Journey into Unknown Territory

Canyon Sunset
36" x 36" x 1.5"
Acrylic on gallery wrap canvas

 

 Whenever I start a new painting, I'm never quite sure where my inspiration will come from.  That's one of the things I love about painting intuitively.  It's like taking a journey into unknown territory; there's a new adventure around every corner, just waiting to be discovered.

Canyon Sunset started out as a purple and blue seascape!  As I began to layer color upon color, I started to introduce reds and red-oranges, while still letting some of the underlying colors show through.  I've never seen a sunset at the Grand Canyon in person, but this is what I imagine it must be like.  

Come take a journey of discovery with me at one of my 3 day private abstract painting workshops!

I will be at The Villages in Florida on 
January 28 - 31, 2018 for my
Go Big Go Bold Abstract Painting Workshop


Don't forget to subscribe to my monthly art newsletter! 

  
*****

My paintings are sold through several online art galleries, but if you's like to purchase directly from me, please click here to see the work I currently have available.
I offer a 20% discount for direct purchases!

Free shipping within the US!

*****
#abstract #abstractexpressionism #abstracts #modernart #contemporaryart #originalart #walldecor #art #artiststudio #artgallery #art4sale #interiordesign #interiordesignart #floridaartist #creative #creativity #artistwork #painting #acrylicpaintings #filomenaboothart #paintingworkshops #invernessflorida