Friday, November 24, 2017

Metals and Mixed Media Contemporary Abstract, "Metalworks" © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"Metalworks" 10x10 by Carol Nelson

I had to do this painting as an example for my Metals and Mixed Media class next week in Phoenix. It has aluminum wire pounded into a random design, and some metal washers, in the central goldish stripe. These were covered with aluminum foil pressed around each object, and then antiqued with Golden High Flow Sepia. I love that paint for antiquing.

The orange foil was embossed with a swirl design before painting with Golden Fluids: Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold and Transparent Red Oxide.

 There is also some uncolored aluminum foil that was antiqued with Golden Fluid Carbon Black. The two fancy patterned papers were purchased at an art supply store.


 10"x10"x1.0 Mixed Media on Panel/Available

 Click HERE for pricing.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here
======================================

Check out my video....

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

If you want to see what all the hoopla is about, click this link:

www.craftsy.com/ext/CarolNelson_10658_D