Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Original Contemporary Modern Art Abstract Paintings by Filomena de Andrade Booth

 
Serenade to Spring
44"x30"x1.5"
Acrylic on heavily texture canvas
SOLD

Do you have paintings sitting around that are just taking up space?  Yes, maybe there was something special about it a couple of years ago and that's the reason you kept it around.  But now your style has changed as you've perfected your craft and it's time to take another look at that "oldie".  Well, the question now is whether you should continue to hang on the that dust collector or get rid of it.  

I don't believe in wasting anything, so when a painting has worn out its welcome, I take a deep breath and drag out my bucket of gesso.  Once that first paint stroke is on the canvas, there's no going back!  

This painting, Serenade to Spring, was a do-over.  I forget what I painted over, but the rich texture that was on the surface of the canvas became the base for the new painting.  Amazingly enough, once I posted the "new" painting, it sold immediately.  So, take a look around your studio, is there something that's been sitting around for a while that needs to be reincarnated?  If so, recycle and save yourself a few bucks!

*****

My paintings are sold through several online art galleries but if you'd like to purchase directly from me, please click here for more information.

Be sure to visit my website to see more of my original abstract paintings!

Click here to subscribe to my monthly art newsletter!

filomena booth, abstract painting, abstract painting workshops, modern art paintings, seascape, coastal, floral, interior design, home decor art, art for interior designer, buy art online