Thursday, April 13, 2017

Original Contemporary Modern Art Abstract Paintings by Filomena de Andrade Booth

 
Turquoise Sea
30"x30"x1.5"
Acrylic on canvas
SOLD

Born to teach... 

I believe that each of us have certain skills that we are born with but that we have to discover as we grow up.  I know that as much as I love music, singing is not something I was ever cut out to do.  I would have loved to be a scientist or mathematician, but I stink at arithmetic. 

Ever since I can remember, I loved to play "school".  And of course, being the oldest, I always got to be the teacher while my little sister had to endure my "lessons".   Years later, my desire to teach became reality when I was hired as a high school art teacher in Wayne, NJ.  I enjoyed every moment of teaching at that school.  I discovered that students who were bored with the classes they were assigned to seemed to blossom when they came to art class.  Sometimes my regular classes would be filled with kids who asked for passes out of study hall to come to my class to work on their projects.  Today, thanks to Facebook, I have reconnected with former students.  Many of them are now almost at retirement age...yikes, am I that old???  Anyway, one of the nicest compliments I've ever gotten was from a couple of ladies who became art teachers because of me.  Wow, I was so humbled by their comments and I can't imagine a greater privilege than inspiring another human being in a positive way!

I love teaching my painting workshops but I don't enjoy packing everything up and traveling around the country.  So, that is why I am offering my workshops close to my home in Inverness, Florida.  This is an especially beautiful part of Florida's west coast...we call it the Nature Coast.  When you visit this area, you'll understand why.

For information about my abstract painting workshops,

*****

My paintings are sold through several online art galleries but if you'd like to purchase directly from me, please click here for more information.
Be sure to visit my website to see more of my original abstract paintings!
Click here to subscribe to my monthly art newsletter!
filomena booth, abstract painting, abstract painting workshops, modern art paintings, seascape, coastal, floral, interior design, home decor art, art for interior designer, buy art online