Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Original Contemporary Modern Art Abstract Paintings by Filomena de Andrade Booth


 


Mesa
20"x20"x1.5"
Acrylic on textured canvas
SOLD

I was in college when artist acrylic paints first came out.  I was working in oils at the time but hated how long they took to dry.  Many times our canvases would get ruined when fellow students were careless in storing the canvases for the next class.  So, I was pretty excited about the new products and was anxious to give them a try.  Well, surprise surprise!  The new acrylics were simply awful!  I remember trying to mix some colors together on my palette when suddenly everything turned into a totally useless gooey purple ball

Thank goodness things have come a long way!  We have an enormous assortment of colors and mediums available to use today that make it easy for the acrylic painter.  But, I've discovered that many of my students still don't know how to properly dispose of their dirty rinse water.  I too was just pouring it down the drain until we bought a home with a septic system.  It occurred to me that dumping that nasty stuff was not such a great idea.  I did a little research online and found that there is a right way to get rid of rinse water, and it does not involve sand!  I've streamlined the information I found online and it is one of the first things I teach my workshop students.

If you'd like to learn more about me and my abstract painting workshops, 

*****
My paintings are sold through several online art galleries but if you'd like to purchase directly from me, please click here for more information.
Be sure to visit my website to see more of my original abstract paintings!
Click here to subscribe to my monthly art newsletter!
filomena booth, abstract painting, abstract painting workshops, modern art paintings, seascape, coastal, floral, interior design, home decor art, art for interior designer, buy art online