Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Being active and creative... with Cecelia Rappaport

Being active and creative, enjoying your passion(s) daily seems to be much more conducive to a happy, healthy long life.


Just a few of my observations tell me so.

After spending the weekend with my husband's extended family, I am always impressed to see how much everyone is involved, evolved creative and active in so many ways.  It impresses me to see my father-in-law, who will be 90 years old this August, and one of the most active & influential people I know.

He and his wife of almost 40 years celebrate the arts, science, philanthropy and point to the importance of staying mentally ambitious, alert and aware as we grow older.

Let’s face it..it keeps us interesting to ourselves and to others.

Check out their foundation website:  www.rappaportfoundation.org.

Another great example is the Cuban-born artist Carmen Herrera   https://news.artnet.com/market/carmen-herrera-turns-100-303360 who is now 100 years old and sold her first painting at 89 years old.

I vote for staying ACTIVE and alive. There’s still time with each new day!!!!!




Sunset Over Catalina 48"x60" Available HERE