Saturday, January 28, 2017

Modern Abstract Painting "Scene" by Elizabeth Chapman


Scene
Acrylic on 22" x 22" paper, unframed

More abstracts on paper can be seen in my Etsy shop: HERE


I have added several more abstracts on paper to my Etsy store. (link above) The majority of my paintings are on canvas, but now and then I enjoy changing it up and working on a different support. The paper that I use is Arches 156b acid free watercolor. These paintings are sold unframed. I do price them about half of what they would be on canvas considering there is going to be the added expense of framing. There are so many different ways to prepare these for display making it more of a personal choice.  The paintings are lightly coated with an acrylic polymer varnish and would do just fine without placing them under glass. 

Fun time painting this scene with lots of layers, scratching through to underneath layers, overlaid drawing with oil pastel and graphite pencil.....and there's that pink again!! 

smiles...elizabeth


Website: HERE