Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tangled Treasures..Watermedia..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



This is another of my 'Memory Lane Posts'.

I used to do a lot of textural paintings, implied texture as well as collage. This has both techniques in it.

Again the white ink overlays are a feature I loved doing them then and still do.

I remember I did not have a thing in mind with this as a start. I just played with texture then found the subject. A much practiced strategy with me over the years.

The circular shapes and parts of the same, help lead the eye through the painting. I quite like this one.

It has sold now and I truly cannot recall when I painted it, but it has to be in the mid 1980's.
Oh, it was on CANSON paper not a watercolor paper and I think the color was a blueish background.

This image is 18" x 9.5" and has SOLD!


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com