Monday, July 6, 2015

Jungle Patterns 2..Watermedia...Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



JUNGLE PATTERNS 2 is a 30" x 30" water media painting on black Canson paper.
This image is SOLD!

I love the layering process of watercolor and mixed media, in this case it was acrylic inks.Textured playing against one another for me, make for an interesting surface.
I also challenged myself with the black paper  Canson paper is not a watercolor surface, it's usually used with the pastel medium. Paint behaves very differently on this surface, hence the challenge.

The geometry paneling appears in a lot of my works, especially my earlier paintings, which this was.
I hope you enjoy this one.


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com