Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Descent.........Abstract...Acrylic on Canvas.. Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



DESCENT  was a part of a solo show I had here in Texas this year. It SOLD to a client in Houston.

I used the panelled background in this semi abstracted piece as well.. As I said, this way of painting is a favorite of mine. I love using that GEOMETRY and DIVISIONAL sectioning in a more NATURAL setting.
For me, it disturbs the eye, and gives the viewer a different perspective on a scene.
I have had clients say to me "What is that panel. why is that there ?" my answer, "I don't know", it just "felt right".

For whatever reason, it works for me, and I will likely continue to paint images with these panels. I hope you enjoy.

                                                    Image size is 30" x 30"
                                                          Acrylic on Canvas

                    Prints of this image can also be purchased through Fine Art America:
                      http://fineartamerica.com/featured/descent-rae-andrews.html



Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews


or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com