Friday, August 22, 2014

Art by Oklahoma Abstract Contemporary Equine Artist Jonelle T. McCoy

© "Goldie's Pain"
Goldie was a gorgeous palomino dun paso fino mare I used to own. She amazed me with her self confidence, steady and sturdy personality, and giving heart. She was a natural leader and did her job with a quiet yet strong presence that just a look or a twist of the ear would speak volumes, she used as little of her power to rule as possible. She had a benevolent position. I envisioned her as a tough and hard working cowgirl who'd wear jeans, T's and boots with a bandana around her neck. When she had a bought with founder, a painful hoof issue, she tried to stay strong but it was obvious she hurt. It was a long road to recovery, but one that she did with bravery and an accepting manner. I was so distraught seeing her pain I painted what I felt. "Goldie's Pain", is an emotionally charged acrylic that shows the circumstance in stance and expression, but exudes strength even still. This 20"x16" on standard canvas is for sale.

    
Jonelle T. McCoy
McCoy's Gaited Horse Artworks
Your Equine Art Connection! 
mccoysartworks@gmail.com