Saturday, April 19, 2014

Courageous by Kay Wyne


Courageous
30" x 40" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Abstract Painting
This abstract got some attention this week at the studio, as I was looking at it with a friend. I painted it on a horizontal format.  It was brought to my attention that it looked like it should be hung vertically, as in the photo below.
Either way, the bold color against the titan buff background bounces against the ochre and the blues.  There is alot of movement in the painting, with wide brush strokes.  I wanted this piece to have energy and boldness.  Your eye may like it horizontally or vertically...it can be hung either way.  Thanks for looking at this blog and the art posted here.  Have a great weekend with family and friends.  I will be in the kitchen today getting ready for Easter.  Contact Kay with any questions or comments on my art.  Kay