Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sold ! Color study / portrait of a geese couple by Lynne Cunningham

Geese - color study of a geese couple
oil on canvas

12" x 16" 

sold!   -  July, 2013

I set up a display at a small fair in my town of Davis, California on Sunday; I do shows sabout 3 times a year . . . it's fun when your display is finally set up, ready to show and then comes the anticipation.  The anticipation is for what kind of day it will be, see who comes by, and what direction the conversations take, especially interesting in my town where we have a big appreciation for the arts.  

One also receives immediate feedback on the art you are making when you see what pieces are being picked up, what gets sold and what you hear from people's reactions.  It's always a little surprising as it was on Sunday - my figurative work of these geese was the first sale.   I also had a fascinating conversation with a young guy who is doing concept art - the illustrative / sci fi or fantasty / super hero genre of art that's based on figurative and is a really interesting fusion.  

The interest in the geese, the conversation about figurative got me to thinking again.  I'm going to paint and draw some more contemporary figurative this coming fall / winter, more in the abstract ! 

I do take commissions;  take a look at my figurative section  H E R E  
 I paint from good photos for commission, and love painting people, animals and boats!  Some information on purchasing a painting from here may be found    H E R E

Any questions, comments you may contact me through my website or this L I N K 



charcoal study of the pair of geese