Monday, May 20, 2013

"Quadriga", mixed media, oil painting by Lynne Cunningham



"Quadriga", 20" x 16"
mixed media; acrylic and oil paints, oil pastel on canvas
completed March 2013

$350.
including shipping, U.S.A.

"Quadriga" means team of four, and I thought that related to design of the painting with its many rectangles and squares . . .kind of a serious name for a playful painting!  In my paintings I usually do play around with the shapes and corners of squares and rectangles, it makes them more interesting to me.   With my mixed media paintings, I take care by making the paintings archival and applying all the mediums in the right order ~ so the painting will be a permanent artwork that lasts.   All materials are fine artist materials.

You can read more about my abstract painting process    in a general discussion on color, inspiration, etcetera.      

To see most of my work and read my resume, etc. please visit my website

If you have questions regarding purchase, shipping, etc. please contact me  H E R E


Calif. State residents- use 2nd option