Wednesday, October 24, 2012

"GEMSTONE 10", mixed media abstract landscape by Carol Nelson

Gemstone 10
Wow, here is my 10th gemstone painting - I can't believe I've done so many of these.  I just started teaching a 5 week class in Denver on mixed media.  This was one of our first projects.

These effortless abstracts are a good introduction to acrylics and abstract composition.  The class always enjoys doing them and most students are successful right away.

For more information about this painting, click here to go to my website.

             __________________________________________

My workshop in Dallas at the Artist's Showplace was a lot of fun.  What a great group of enthusiastic artists I had!  I introduced them to all kinds of mixed media techniques and materials.

Below are just a FEW of the interesting works they created.  To see more, please click here to go to the album on my Facebook page.