Monday, July 4, 2011

Pink Art For the Cure, Abstracted Tulips IV, 12x12 ,$47.00,Painting #13 of the CLUB 47 CHALLENGE, Original abstracted Tulip Floral Paintings, by Colorado Abstract Artist Kimberly Conrad- SOLD

This 12x12 Art for the Cure Painting was done in acrylic on 246 lb acrylic paper.I said I would post one larger piece each week on the CLUB 47 challenge, so this is the larger piece for week 2.$4.70 will be donated to Breast Cancer research.You can visit my Pink Art for the Cure site, http://artforbreastcancer.blogspot.com to see more PINK ART.
Visit my website www.kimberlyconradfineart.com to see larger paintings.
I spent a year, a few years ago painting almost nothing but tulips...and did some pieces like this in oil (which take forever to dry)..and some pieces in watercolor....this is an acrylic version, and I played with colors today,mixing everything so that nothing was straight from the tube...except, of course, the black outlining, which was originally done in purple, but it was completely lost once I filled the flowers and leaves in and added the palette knife work, so I had to then go over the purple in black and re work some things.It was a fun piece to do..I wanted to be outside, and my "poured" paintings are done inside over the concrete floor.