Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hook, Line And Sinker by California artist Brenda York











Ignored warning signs. Took scenic route.

12x30" oil on canvas

Here's the third painting of the new series, "Long Story Short". All sixteen paintings are autobiographical; each a chapter from my life--reduced to one image and six words. The inspiration for this exhibit started with a book called "Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure". You can read more about my process in creating this collection of paintings in my artist statement.

Speaking of "Long Story Short" here's something cool: Smith magazine's website wrote a little blurb about my exhibit! They are the originators of the Six-Word Memoir and edited the book of the same name. Apparently they keep an eye out for projects inspired by the Six-Word Memoir. If you haven't tried to write one yet you should give it a shot--it's pretty addicting. The line in red above is the six-word memoir (actually just a chapter from my memoir) that goes along with the painting. Enjoy!

Please visit my website to preview the "Long Story Short" exhibit.

$875 + 22 shipping