Wednesday, February 17, 2010

100 OIL PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS - Ellie, 48/100, © Carol Nelson Fine Art



Day 48

I love this photo of Ellie - her Mom said she was watching a road race that a friend was in. The way the sun lights up her eye on the sunny side is very unique, and the curly red hair just tops it off. This portrait pleases me greatly because I was able to incorporate so many cool colors in it.
For purchase information, please see my website, or email me at carolnelsonfineart@comcast.net.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Creative Blogging Award
Many of you have honored me with the Creative Blogging Award that seems to be making the blogosphere rounds right now. I am thrilled that you would think of my blog and want to share this award with me. As I have responded individually to several of you, I am so swamped with work at this time - the daily portraits, a large abstract commission - that I simply do not have the time to fully participate in keeping the award going.
I am trying to do 2 portraits per day because there are days coming up soon where I know I will not be able to paint. My husband, Morris, is going to have a kidney transplant next Monday - his son Mark is donating a kidney. Much of my time next week will be spent at the hospital.
Thanks for your understanding and support.

1 comment:

  1. You are surrounding by love in the art community and prayers uplifting you by many of us. Your family is in His Hands.

    ReplyDelete