Monday, January 18, 2010

"If Trees Could Talk #1" Abstracted tree Painting by Colorado Artist Kimberly ConraT


Original 8x8 painting on 140lb watercolor paper. This piece is a little whimsical...I am going to do a series of funky little trees entitled "If Trees Could Talk" I have been painting the aspen trees in my yard for weeks now, and I was thinking about all those trees have seen just in the 15 years we have lived in this house. We have raised four sons here, they were 6 mos, 1 1/2, 2 1/2 , and 6 when we moved in.Those trees have seen cuts, bruises, laughter, concussions, bike accidents, bloody noses, peeing on the fence, in fact, (I'm certain the trees themselves have been abused in that particular way), they have heard life lessons taught from the patio and the porch swing, declarations of love, the cry of broken hearts.....etc..I just thought..."those trees have seen it all, if they could talk...what would they say?" So...when I need a whimsical day of painting, I will continue with this little series....really no idea where it will go....just an idea:)To purchase, contact Kimberly at kkconrad2@aol.com

Visit My Website

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites! Great flow!

    colleensanchez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete