Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Just Say Snow" by A.B.Deneweth

It's a sunny, warm November day here in Denver without a snowflake in site--But I decided to paint an abstracted snow scene continuing my colorful knife painting series. Here I tinted the canvas a warm golden yellow to help warm up the mostly cool landscape hues.

I started with quick sketch and then "painted" in the oil paints entirely with the painting knife. As I usually do, to keep the colors extra vibrant and clean, I used a limited, but versatile, palette of only Indian Yellow, Quin Rose, Thalo Blue, Ultra Blue, and White. Sure, it's some extra mixing but that's part of the fun!

"Just Say Snow" 12 x 12 oil on panel by A.B. Deneweth.
Scarlet Owl Studio is located in Denver, COLORADO
For more information about me, my art, or my painting classes please visit My Daily Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment