Friday, October 2, 2009

Original Abstract Paintings by Filomena de Andrade Booth

Bits and Pieces
30"x30"x.75"
Acrylic/Mixed Media on canvas
$525.00

It's an honor to be invited to contribute to the Daily Painters Abstract Gallery blog...thank you so much for including me.

We recently moved to a new home in China Spring, Texas. We are approximately twenty miles north of Waco. My studio overlooks a beautiful field that is covered in bluebonnets in the spring. Although I am primarily an abstract artist, the colors and wildlife outside my window are inspirational to me and tempt me to try my hand at more traditional subjects from time to time.

I've been painting for more years than I care to remember but every day that I can spend in my studio is a gift. Exploring new ways to do old things is one of the things I enjoy most. I love to create paintings that are textural - visual and tactile. All sorts of ephemera that I have collected over the years is woven into each painting to create a surface rich in detail.

Bits and Pieces is available through my website. Hope you'll visit and take a few moments to browse my portfolio.

1 comment:

  1. Estimada pintora, Usted habla espanol? I really admire your art. It is among the very best I have seen. I am also part of Daily Abstract Painters. Visit my blog : silviawilliams,paintswatercolors.blogspot.com Silvia

    ReplyDelete