Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lylas 13 Maddie ~ Preservation Show Entry by Nancy Standlee

Lylas 13 Maddie

12 x 9 inches
Acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas 1 3/8" profile
Contact NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net


"Love You Like a Sister" Lylas Maddie

This whimsical figure is one in a series I've called "Lylas". I don't have a sister but share a close association with 7 members of Canvas by Canvas and I refer to them as "my sisters" and we often sign our emails with "lylas". One in the group suggested I name the paintings from the group so my list is expanding to family and other friends. This one is named for a family member.
I've painted 4 in a new series for the miniature section (under 14 in.) for the "Preservation is the Art of the City" show September 11-26, 2009 at the Community Arts Center, Fort Worth, TX, free and open to the public. Fifty local artists were juried to exhibit in this show and have the choice to exhibit one or up to 9 paintings each. A portion of the sales will help fund preservation programming for Historic Fort Worth. I hope you can visit the show.

Check on the following blogs to see other new Lylas

Nancy Standlee Art Blog to see Lylas Courtney

Daily Painters of Texas to see Lylas Laurie

ARLINGTON TEXAS ~ ARTIST NANCY STANDLEE ~ DAILY PAINTER ~
CONTEMPORARY ~ WATERCOLOR ~ ACRYLIC ~ COLLAGE ~ GOUACHE
ABSTRACT ~ EXPRESSIONIST ~ ART FOR SALE ~ FIGURATIVE


2 comments: