Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Nickels III" is an Acrylic painting by Bob Coonts

This painting of "Nickels III" is acylic on canvas and is framed. It is a colorful painting of this handsome cat that I took pictures of a few years ago. Cats are so funny, most of the time they will let you have one picture and that is it. This one posed for me several times. It doesn't matter whether you use flash or not, once they hear the click of the camera they often times leave the room. I love painting animals. I always start with the eyes first and work from there. Once I have the eyes set and believable to the animal then I feel that I could use almost any color or shape and the painting is going to be successful. This painting is in Gabriel Gallery in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Their telephone number is 505-455-9230 and their e-mail is: info@gabrielgallery.com. bob@bobcoonts.comwww.bobcoonts.comwww.bobcoontsfineart.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment