Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Moving Metals-Horizon" Contemporary Abstract Painting by Kimberly Conrad



© Victoria Franklin Designs, INC.

"I always wanted to be somebody...if I've made it, it's half because I was game to take a wicked amount of punishment along the way, and half because there were an awful lot of people who cared enough to help me" Althea Gibson, I Always Wanted To Be Somebody 1958

Moving Metals/ Horizon. Abstract painting on 24x18x2 gallery wrapped canvas. The paint flow continues around the sides for a beautiful finish, as shown in lower photo. This was the first in the "Horizon" group. Numbers 2 and 3 were posted the past few days. This piece was larger and needed more drying time before photographing. I find it to be a very soothing piece, in that the colors are so soft, and it's not too busy. If you are familiar at all with my work, you know that I typically paint in very bold color, and busy patterns. I've been feeling a little...what is the word>>..not quite melancholy, but not my usual hyper self. As an expressionistic painter, I can look at a piece of work, and tell you almost exactly what my frame of mind was at the time it was painted. I wonder if this is true with all expressionists??? For purchase inquiries, contact Kimberly at kkconrad2@aol.com To see the other pieces in this collection, visit the abstract album at www.kimberlyconradfineart.com

Kimberly's Daily Paintings
Kimberly's Website
Kimberly Conrad Contemporary Art
Kimberly at Daily Painters of Colorado

COLORADO CONTEMPORARY EXPRESSIONIST DAILY PAINTER KIMBERLY CONRAD

No comments:

Post a Comment