Monday, July 6, 2009

Acrylic Abstract Collage Painting by Melody Cleary

"Ascension" 2009
$250
12"h x 16"w on stretched canvas, gallery wrapped 1-1/2" deep. The sides are painted a deep neutral earth red. Semi-gloss varnish.
I was intrigued with my piece "Stairway to Heaven" and the whole staircase thing, imagining a quest through some rocky terrain to reach the entrance to enlightenment. I enjoy the mystery of this piece. I love rocks and broke up their shapes with some painted rectangular watercolor papers and added some thai lace paper painted with gold acrylic accents. I hope you enjoy it.

If you would like to inquire about this piece, contact me at
MELODY CLEARY FINE ARTIST AND DAILY PAINTER IN BEAVERTON, OREGON.

2 comments:

  1. Melody, this is so cool! You have the ability to put subtle colors together for an intriguing painting. I love the way you use light green and/or chartreuse so effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol! It was really dark in the beginning and it took many layers of lighter colors & hues to bring light back to the rocks and balance it. The collaged on pieces had the green on them, so that was a happy accident...after that it got more exciting.

    ReplyDelete