Saturday, May 29, 2021

Expressive Floral, Still Life Floral Painting, “Petal Pizazz!” by Texas Contemporary Artist Jill Haglund

 

I started painting on black canvases this past year- here is one og my first ones; the one I discovered how much I love it! Since beginning to study Paul Cezanne in 2020, I discovered what I loved about his work was the drama the black lines created. I have read he actually used Prussian Blue, not black. Even though I discovered that tidbit, I stayed with the black canvases and have continued a lot of work on them. There is something mesmerizing about this painting that really draws me in- all the beautiful colors and the bluish-purple and pink petals combined with the roses and I just LOVE the way the vase turned out! 

 20"x16"x.1.5" Acrylic on Canvas-Available HERE

View Jill's Original Paintings at https://www.jillhaglund.com

View Jill's Greeting Cards HERE

     Follow Jill on Instagram
     Follow Jill on Facebook
     Follow Jill on Pinterest

 Learn About Jill's Brand New Online Course LET'S PAINT FLOWERS Here