Thursday, April 15, 2021

Expressive Still Live Floral Painting, Colorful Original Flower Art, “Peony Party” by Texas Contemporary Artist Jill Haglund, online art courses

 

Another of my most favorites!!! I love peonies and I was always hesitant to paint them because it seemed unlikely to be able to capture their fragile beauty in my bold expressive style. A few weeks ago my local floral shop offered Pink Peonies gathered into bundles for $6.00! Well. I couldn't begin to pass that up, so I bought two bundles! They were tight little spheres waiting to explode. I couldn't wait and took them home and arranged in them in a glass vase, decided on a very large canvas ( 24" x 30" ), chose my color palette carefully and began to paint them immediately --literally for HOURS I was enthusiastically engrossed in the beauty of the peonies, like my own 'Peony Party' til wee hours, (thus the name) and truthfully here: all through the NIGHT!!!! Well it was a GOOD thing because the very next morning they CHANGED drastically--- no longer tender buds in tight little balls, but serious huge explosions of beautiful pastel pinks! I am glad I caught them before the transformation! Little 'rounds of life' ready to bloom!

30"x24"x.75 Acrylic on Canvas-Available

View purchase info HERE

View Jill's Original Paintings at https://www.jillhaglund.com

View Jill's Greeting Cards HERE

     Follow Jill on Instagram
     Follow Jill on Facebook
     Follow Jill on Pinterest

 Learn About Jill's Brand New Online Course LET'S PAINT FLOWERS Here