Saturday, February 15, 2020

Expressionism, Contemporary Art, Mixed Media Abstract Landscape Painting, “Sacred Ground” by Contemporary Artist Tracy Lupanow


“To encounter the sacred is to be alive at the deepest center of human existence. Sacred places are the truest definitions of the earth; they stand for the earth immediately and forever; they are its flags and shields. If you would know the earth for what it really is, learn it through its sacred places. ... You touch the pulse of the living planet; you feel its breath upon you. You become one with a spirit that pervades geologic time and space.” 
- N. Scott Momaday

The recent loss of my younger brother has left me heartbroken and filled with a crushingly heavy sadness. I chose to name this painting Sacred Ground because it helps me to believe his body was laid to rest in a sacred place and his beautiful loving spirit was set free to soar. Painted with many layers of acrylic ,graphite, ink pencil, and collaged with found papers and copies of my b&w photos. Mounted in a black mat ready to frame.

 18"x18" Mixed Media Abstract Landscape on Watercolor Paper

$335

Available HERE


 View more of my work at http://tracylupanow.com


 Follow me on Facebook
 Follow me on Pinterest
 Follow me on Instagram