Thursday, November 7, 2013

"Spring in the Park" by Texas Contemporary Artist, Judy Wilder Dalton

 
 
Abstract Oil Landscape
 8x8 inch x 1 1/2 inch
Cradled Wood Panel
Spring in the Park
 


One of four of the four seasons, ( Autumn, Summer, Spring, and Winter), abstract landscapes on 8"x 8" panels.
Painted on primed smooth wood cradled wood panels.  The panels (Ampersand) are made of top quality 1/8 " MDF and primed smooth with an acrylic gesso and cradled in a pine wood box.  I have wrapped the painting around the edges and they are ready to hang without framing.   Combining some techniques that I have carried over from both my acrylic abstract and oil paintings,  I am really enjoying the feel of how the paint goes on this smooth surface. I am starting with the four seasons inspiring me and will continue to wherever my imagination leads me.  Definitely more to come, because I am happy with the results.
Visit my website to see the four seasons.