Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Blind Lode, Contemporary Water Media, Hawaii Artist Arlene G. Woo


 
This is an acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas. I like to create texture and depth by applying paint and rubbing off.  One of my neighbors has been prospecting for gold, so the gold streak made me think about him.  So I went online for goldmining terms and found that "blind lode" means gold not seen from the surface.  It seems like an metaphor for people.  We never really know what's beyond the surface of those we know and love.  The painting is 18"x18" and currently in a show at Louis Pohl Gallery.  Contact me for shipping costs:  Arlene G. Woo
 
For more images:  Arlene's Images
                              Contemporary Fine Art International
                              Fine Art America
 
 
 PayPal Acceptance Mark