Monday, March 11, 2013

'Grand Illusion', contemporary floral painting


"Grand Illusion", mixed media / oil on canvas
20" x 16"
completed March 11, 2013
$350. - including shipping
(Calif. residents pay sales tax) 

I often start painting with no references, just making things up out of my head.  I love flowers and the florals in this painting aren't a specific type ~ because I made them up.  A couple years ago I was inspired while driving to my studio, driving past masses of blooming roses and meanwhile Eric Clapton was playing in my car.  The painting that resulted was 'In the Presence", and just for fun I included the link to that painting ~ the two are very similar in style 'In the Presence' on my website  I'm staying with the theme of Eric Clapton songs / lyrics for these floral paintings that I make up, in this painting style.  "Grand Illusion' began with a preliminary painting in acrylic paints and I quickly went to oil paints. 

I'm focusing on abstracts and abstracted landscapes for 2013; a new season of spring, the time of growth and I'm doing new work.  Please contact me if you have questions or want to purchase; 

To see more about me  and my painting process:    my b l o g     
      
And if you'd like to see more abstracts, my resume, more paintings please see my 


Calif. State residents- use 2nd option