Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"Road to the River", mixed media abstract painting by Lynne Cunningham

"Road to the River", mixed media on canvas
16" x 20"
completed Feb. 9, 2013
$275. - including shipping
(Calif. residents pay sales tax) 

This painting began as some gestural marks on canvas, then I came in with areas of acrylic paints.  I'm using a familiar color palette -  vermillion or red-orange, medium yellow, cerulean and white.  When I paint in abstracts I have plenty of paint laid out ; pots of premixed colors are sitting on my palette ready to dip into.  

I put on some music, that's a must-have and paint fast ~ that's my method for painting in abstracts!  Later on I added some layers in oil paints because I wanted some more subtlety in the finished painting.  

I'm focusing on abstracts and abstracted landscapes for 2013; a new season of spring, the time of growth and I'm doing new work.  Please contact me if you have questions or want to purchase.
  
      
And if you'd like to see more abstracts, see the  abstract  gallery   h e r e   on my website

My painting blog, with current news  is H E R E


Calif. State residents- use 2nd option