Thursday, January 3, 2013

"Good Fortune" mixed media abstract tree landscape by Carol Nelson

Good Fortune



This is the final evolution of a painting I worked on for almost two weeks.  It started out as a nonrepresentational abstract, then evolved into somewhat of a geologic abstract, "Sonoran Journey" (see below).


I posted this painting on my website, Facebook, etc, but I never really warmed up to it.  When I'm not happy with a painting, sooner or later (sooner in this case), I start messing with it.

I posted several progress photos of this painting as it morphed into "Good Fortune" on my Facebook page.

It finally took a generous application of crackle medium, and premixed stucco patch to get the texture I could work with.  After that, it pretty much painted itself.

For more info on this 24x24 inch painting, click here to go to my website.