Monday, October 24, 2011

"CALICO ORCHARD" 11067, impressionism tree orchard © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"Calico Orchard"

This painting has a lot of texture that, of course, does not photograph well.  This was a demo piece I did at a recent workshop.
It is covered with epoxy resin, so would be safe in any indoor environment.

Click here to go to my website for more information.


_____________________________________________







Today I took my grand daughter shopping for her 14th birthday.  She found lots of duds and I found this pair of socks.  What's so great about these socks?

Look at the color palette - I love it!  To me it looks like red oxide, quin nickel azo gold, raw sienna, and paynes gray.

I think I'll have my experimental acrylics class to a painting using this sophisticated palette next session.