Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kaleidoscope by Kay Wyne

Kaleidoscope
Contemporary Abstract Painting
30" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
This medium size canvas is a take-off of one smaller painting that I did three years ago. The first one that I painted was on a 18" x 18" canvas, and I had let my daughter Lindsay have it. She got attached to it, and doesn't want to give it up. I guess that is a good thing! Anyway, this painting is dry and ready to be shipped today to the gallery in Santa Fe.
I liked the movement and intense colors in this painting. The viewer might see skeins of yarn, or something else...I wanted the viewer's eye to move around on the canvas. I used a very large, flat brush on this one...it was fun to play with so many colors and blend them together. Thanks for viewing this blog! Have an artful day. Kay