Tuesday, March 15, 2011

STOLEN ARTWORK (again) ! Carol Nelson Fine Art








Well, it's happened again.  The Chinese factory artists are selling this work of mine on ebay as an original.  I painted this quadtych for Dick Blick a couple years ago to advertise their canvas four packs.  Blick company paid me and now owns the original.

An alert artist remembered my painting from the Blick catalog and saw it for sale on ebay.  Check out this link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Abstract-Handmade-oil-painting-Modern-Art-AN160-/230594782849?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item35b0852681
If you check out the seller, it even shows Chinese artists in a factory-like setting reproducing other artists work - they paint over a photo reproduction.  It's a rip off for the original artist and for the buyer who thinks he's buying an original.

I'm going to take special precautions in posting multicanvas paintings because the rip off crooks seem to like diptychs, triptychs, etc.  I'm sorry if the image quality is not very good, but I have to take precautions against this sort of fraudulent practice.

**************************************************


I just got this email from the ebay seller:

From User:
paintingartdeco (280)
98.9% Positive Feedback
Member since Dec-31-04 in Canada
Location: QC, Canada



                 


Dear Caroldnelson
I m so sorry about that. My studio and paintshop give me this listing.
I will delete this painting auction right away
Give me 2minutes

Regards and so sorry about that
Antoine


 Antoine references his studio and paintshop.  So he sells from the painting sweatshops in China that copy other artists. Antoine is not an artist - he's just the middle man who pushes this bogus art. Unfortunately, people are buying these mass produced copies to the detriment of genuine creative artists who produce their own work.

**************************************************